Ok, I opened a credit builder account. Can you set my expectations for the first few months?
We’re thrilled to have you be part of the self lender family and we look forward to helping you reach your goals.
Here’s what to expect with your new account:
- Your first monthly payment is due on 1 month after you open your credit builder account. You can check and adjust autopay settings anytime by clicking on “My Account” then "Autopay Settings." You can also choose to make one-time payments anytime by clicking on "My Account" then "Make Payment"
- Typically 30-60 days after you make your first monthly payment, your credit builder account will appear your credit report. Don’t worry if it takes a couple of months! Payments will appear retroactively. Longer explanation: data is compiled at the end of each month and then sent out to the credit bureaus early the following month. Each credit bureau decides when this information is processed and reported on your credit report
- Your credit builder account will appear on your credit report as a "secured-installment loan" from one of our bank partners Sunrise Banks, N.A., Lead Bank or Atlantic Capital Bank, NA
- You are unique! Your credit history is unique, too. This is why some people will see a change in credit score faster than others. On average, many self lenders need 3 months before experiencing a change in credit score. The best thing you can do for your credit score is to make on-time payments each month. So, be patient :)
- Final note — Payment history makes up 35% of your credit score! See details here. Therefore, showing the credit bureaus that you can consistently make successful, on-time monthly payments is critical to helping you build credit
Have more questions? Visit help.selflender.com for quick answers. Otherwise, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.